Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope everyone has had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We opened our home to the single soldiers in Dan's unit and prepared a large feast.

Here's the bird hanging out in its brine(which turned out SOOOO good!)

 The final spread of dishes, everything was delicious!
 The dessert table
 The guests!

 The kid's table



The kids did a great job at playing in their room and letting us adults chat and play games. Some of the adults even joined in on the kids' adventures chasing monsters and running away from sharks!


 She really does smile, i promise!


Alex was going around kissing all the guests!
After everyone left Cade said he was still hungry, so we told him he could eat anything off of the main dish table that he wanted. He sat and picked at the turkey for another 30 minutes! If you know Cade at all you know this is a big deal. I don't think he's eaten any of our Thanksgiving dinners in the past 5 years.

I think we all had a really good time. We played some Apples to Apples and Taboo to help make room for more desserts. We had 13 guests in all plus our family, and we all fit!!

This was also Cade's first year with a Thanksgiving party at school. The class sang songs and hosted a feast of their own. Here's Cade in the turkey shirt I made for him and a video of his class singing.  Happy Holidays everyone!

1 comments:

Shennie said...

I can't believe you all fit!
I love his turkey shirt.

Post a Comment

Our family

Our family

Check out me and my sister's craft blog!

What time is it in Korea?

Family and Friends